View Single Post

Thanks for the great welcome.

Quote:
Just curious, beyond being more suitable as a daily driver, what motivated the change?
The Cobra, while being a lot of fun to drive, just isn't something that I would just hop in and drive. There were always little things to check. And even though I know I did a very good job building it, I somehow didn't trust it like a production car. Funny that a friend of mine that builds race cars said I should trust it more since I knew it was built right. Even though it never gave me any trouble (either of the ones I built) there was somehow always the thought that something could go wrong. Hard to explain it I guess.

Quote:
What Cobra kits did you build?
The first one I did was a Factory Five Racing, which is the most popular one these days. Back when I built mine (1996), it was the first one in Canada. This is a very well scienced out kit now. You take a donor Mustang, strip out the parts you need (drivetrain, etc), and bolt it all into the kit. If you keep it stock you end up with a car that is around 1000 lbs lighter than a Mustang with enough power to run 1/4mi in the low 13's. With a few mods, you are easily into the 12's. The second one I built was a BRM, which is sort of a Canadian copy of the FFR. This one I put more into (more $$$ for more power), but I had somehow lost my exthusiasm for it by the time it was done. Drove it very little and then sold it.

Quote:
I think they put a lot of extra factory "go fast parts" in all the black 1987 Carreras...
Must be the black paint that has some extra "go fast" stuff in it. Funny they didn't put it in any other colour.

Rick
ps. this is the second Cobra I built

Old 10-15-2005, 02:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)