View Single Post

Good news! No charge on the damage and alignment. I spoke with the owner/mechanic at great length about my car, it's suspension, and why he was having problems. While I will say I still don't get it, his explaination made sense. Furthermore, it runs straight, so problem solved. He was going to charge me for the seat work, which, by coincidence, was performed at his location by a 3rd party. However, I simply asked him, "just out of curiosity", what could have caused the problem. He was under the impression it was something that happened to the seats prior to it's arrival. When I told him that I knew, in fact, that the seats were fine when I brought it in, he immediately told me he would take care of the bill. I was very relieved to hear that, as that is the kind of person I want to continue to do business with. We discussed the possibilities a while longer and I got the idea that he still wasn't convinced it happened at the shop but still had no problem paying for it. I figured that he was as convinced that it didn't happen there as I was convinced it did, so I thought it only fair to split, instead of him paying all of it.

So that's where we left it. Yeah-I said I wasn't charged. Truth is I wasn't. I elected to pay half. The most important thing is, I need to trust the people I do business with. It's not about the money, it's about honesty, accountability, and fair play. I'm very happy to say this individual satisfies that requirement nicely.
Old 10-15-2005, 02:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)