View Single Post

Quote:
Originally posted by URY914
I didn't reailize my picture were going to cause so much pain.
They are in fact listed as BMW 2002's. Here is the link to the site. http://www.racingsportscars.com/photo/Havirov-1974-05-19-photo.html

Gazela B5 BMW 2002 TiG BMW /Alpina L4 1990cc N/A
No pain-it's very interesting. I would really like to know more about the car and have posted it on BMW boards for more info. They, so far, are as mystefied as I. In the two decades I've been involved in the BMWCCA and 2002s, I've never seen this car. I've read at least 12 books on BMW and 2002 history and never has a 2002 TIG been mentioned nor pictured. And while I can see why some might think the car was originally a 2002 (it's written on the front after all), it's still not a 2002. I don't car what they call it.They simply used the motor and they labeled it "2002". It may have even used a whole bunch of parts from a 2002 (doorhandles?Oops-nope)-but that doesn't make it a 2002. Maybe they cut the body off the pan and made whatever this thing is-still not a 2002. Even the wheelbase looks too long so I question whether they even used the pan and suspension. Don't get me started on the mid engine placement. Look at the pictures of my cars below and compare-no common parts. Glass-different. Roofline-different. Doors-different. Hoffmeister kink-different. Have I beaten this horse quite enough yet?
Old 10-16-2005, 01:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)