View Single Post

Guys,
Thanks for the nice comments. A few answers: Center cap delete is simply an old racing trick. No center caps on the wheels mean no center caps lost on the track...and often the tech guys required them to be off. Re: tires; I'm running 205/60's on the deep sixes...with a quarter inch spacer...lots of room because the car is a little high. Bumper stripes are simply 1" black striping tape. Available at any auto paint supply. I'm still working off a roll I got 20 years ago. Yes, it covers the bumper deco trim holes without having to fill them. I thought a rally car should have backup systems so I made the dash switch panel to be able to easily switch to backup systems. i.e. Fuel pump #1; Fuel pump #2, Ignition #1, Ignition #2, Hella lights and intercom system with navigator are the other two switches. Switch panels are used commonly on V8 racers and pretty simple to put together. I was able to get most of them to fit the existing holes for the radio so other than a little enlarging here and there the dash is still stock behind them. I don't have pictures of the engine or trunk. The engine is a stock S motor built out to 2.2L with the original 40 IDS Webers. The trunk is also stock except for a strut tower brace. b.t.w. I painted two rear deck lids. One stock one for later and the one on the car now. It's sort of a modified R type decklid based on a '68 lid. Bob Tilton get's credit for the rear decklid design.
Old 10-16-2005, 05:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)