View Single Post
hobieboy hobieboy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Up North
Posts: 1,434
930 Engine Rebuild & EFI question...

A bit of background - I'm starting my rebuild this winter after I dropped a valve chasing a GT-3 on the track last month For those curious - I rebuilt the top end 2 years ago and promised myself that I'll never rev beyond 6200 rpm as my torque peaked @ 5000 at the time. Of course, new turbo, exhaust, cam & top end rebuild later, I build power all the way to redline. So, sitting in redline just a tad too long coupled with a redline heel&toe finally caused a valve retainer to dis-integrate and dropped a valve.

So, I've decided to be brave & aiming for a full rebuild + going EFI at the same time.

The question is: I plan to use a 3.2 intake which has a 41mm intake. I suspect with the turbo, I'd better off keeping the intake velocity higher during off boost hence should benefit from a slightly smaller intake size; say 38mm? Just wonder if anyone has experience or comments on this thought?

Second question: I am using a SC cam. What CAM would be better if I'm willing to tune the car for 90% track use (the other 10% is for driving to/from tracek)?

thanks...
__________________
87 930 K27HFS/B&B/Twin-Plug... Megasquirted
Old 10-16-2005, 07:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)