View Single Post
Registered

Garage
I agree Paul!
Okay so we are all rooting for Porsche out there. But it seems a shame when an assumed radio comm. advise goes from one team to another to block the Porsche car based on the fact that they share the same base engine!.
The whole race seemed a case of nudge here and block there rather than to see who could drive fastest around a track.
I understand there will always be race tatics. But this seems more like Nascar where they are cliping the rear ends of cars to send them spinning off the track like 'bumper cars'.
Seemed like bad sportsmanship or maybe I am just a sore loser!

-Is this what GT racing has become? or has it always been like this?

Reminded me of a F1 at Monaco (about 11-12yrs ago)where Nigel Mansell was leading the race buy a huge margin (over a minute) and had a flat tire!. He limped back to pits and re entered the race about 30 secs behind Senna with about 10 laps to go. He caught up senna achieveing track record fastest times with each lap, with 2 or 3 laps to go, but Senna just zig zagged across the track blocking him from any chance of a pass. Well Monaco is such a narrow track that basically whoever gets pole could do this from the drop of the flag and you may aswell not even bother with the race!
Senna won the race but I felt inside that Mansell was by far the best driver!

rant over
1987 930 - sold 2018
1984 Carrera 3.2 RSR look
Old 10-17-2005, 06:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #53 (permalink)