View Single Post

Just watched the race from yesterday's broadcast... was very impressed. It was one of the few ALMS races that I didn't fast forward through to get to the "good parts", as it was ALL GOOD!

I also thought the commentators were very excited by the Spyder, and spent a fair bit of time discussing it in what was a very "busy" race; lots of championships being decided, lots of great racing, etc. They were also openly amazed at how well it was keeping up with the P1's.

They also made some very interesting comments about how Penske doesn't show his cards unless he has to. They seemed to think that they purposefully "screwed up" the refeuling schedule in order to obsfucate the fuel consumption rates of the car. They also went so far as to say that they thought the car wasn't performing as well as it could have... it was only going as fast as it had to go in order to finish like it did.

All in all, it was one of the best races I've seen in ALMS, and I'm REALLY looking forward to following the Spyder in next year's season.
Old 10-17-2005, 09:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #61 (permalink)