View Single Post

Duke,

There are a few ways to go. Most will use the diagrams and solve the issues. That might require the repair or even replacement of some harnesses. The other extreme is you can order up all the complete wiring harnesses from Porsche. I’m pretty sure they custom build them and are not NOS (New Old Stock). It would be worthwhile to use PET to find the part numbers and get a price quote. (Be sitting down.)

An intermediate solution might be to find a donor salvage 911. YOU would want to remove the harness(es) yourself so you could better install and insure there was no damage from the removal. You should pay careful attention to having the same (compatible) harnesses.

Of course you can always make your own. I had a customer who drove his new '76 930 Turbo from Guatemala City to Denver. Somewhere in Mexico the wiring behind the dash shorted and caught fire. Someone re-wired all the damage and it ran perfectly. I wish I had a picture of the all-yellow-wire repair.

A “complete re-wire” is a BIG deal! The cost would total most cars.

Best,
Grady
Old 10-17-2005, 06:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)