View Single Post
Too big to fail

Garage
Send a message via AIM to widebody911 Send a message via Yahoo to widebody911
Recent improvements: This summer I put down pavers around one side of the garage, and last weekend I built an outside workbench. I got some free industrial storage racks, in fact they're the exact same brand that Home Depot uses, and I'm pouring small piers for them to sit on behind the shop. When I'll have almost 70 linear of 36" deep shelving that's strong enough to store engines on. As a bonus, I got a smaller rack with 24 linear feet of 30" of the same type of shelving. Oh, and on top of that, I have one spare riser; I can pick up another riser and rails for ~$150 which would give me another 30-something linear feet, or a lot more if I can find 12' rails.

Once the shelving is done, I'm going to build cover over the outdoor workbench area. I need a place to do messy work (ie fiberglass molds) that's somewhat protected from the elements.

Various VWs

Last edited by widebody911; 10-17-2005 at 09:02 PM..
Old 10-17-2005, 09:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #74 (permalink)