View Single Post

Tut,
As Harliquin said, it was less labor and parts worked out to be about the same actually a little less. The axles are fine, need powdercoated, and can always add cv's and boots in case of future problem or can sell. I have peace of mind knowing that there are new half shafts. If it is a clunking sound coming from the rear chances are it is your CV's. On my car the bearings had dimpled the CV cage(lack of proper term) about an 1/8" of an inch which would cause the bearing to stick hence the "clunk". I found an incredible threat on CV's.

Sammy,
That mechanic is a clown. I was at a DE/autocross event this past weekend and spoke with a man with a simular situation. He has a late 70's european 930 and had a pedal assembly re-build due to a sticking throttle, $1100 dollars later and 10 miles down the road guess what- STUCK THROTTLE!! Not to mention when the owner drove up the mechanic was drilling something in his headlight recess, slipped and scratched the paint, which there was nothing to be done in that area of the car. Oh yeah, on the way to the autocross event this owner had another stuck throttle flat out in third gear having a sporting drive with a corvette. The good mechanic (Wes) climed under the car at the event and fixed it for nothing and in about ten minutes. I hate name bashing. All I will say is that I'm very happy with my new mechanic. If anyone would like the name of the bad mechanic they can e-mail me privately, but I will not disrespect him like he did me.
Old 10-18-2005, 05:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)