View Single Post
Used User

Quote:
Originally posted by Birmingham Bill
Thanks for the encouraging words of wisdom. Not that it matters, but the mechanic has more than two weeks of experience, can actually read and write and has all his teeth. His reputation for being able to work on "anything" from dealerships that use him, led me to take a chance. I am not sure he even needs the advice I had hoped to find on the message board? I guess I was dumb to think people would offer help instead of criticism. I guess the later is much easier to offer and takes less intelligence. For those of you that have been helpful and offered intelligent advice - thank you. I do appreciate you.
That's just the way it goes on a BBS. This one is rather adult compared to many, but all boards have the same element, more or less.

AFA 101 projects, buy it and keep it for yourself. It's a good read before you take a car in to anyone for work if you don't much like to work on your own. The author, and our host, will be the first to tell you that the book is somewhat rudimentary, but contains some practical tips not found in the usual fix-it manual. If you want to get a book for the mechanic, get a Bentley. Bentleys don't have any of the fufu stuff about how to detail your car or change a lamp.
Old 10-18-2005, 06:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)