View Single Post

Don, I in the middle of the same 3.5/3.6 project with the same cams etc.. I have had my heads ported to 3.2 Carrera specs and went with matched aluminum injector blocks. The factory blocks do not have enough material to reliably bore them out, they'll crack. The billet blocks come with a nice insulator plate between the head and block so you won't have any head sink issues. I went the Carrera port route for a few reasons, including the fact that I plan on eventually going to EFI. I will then be able to just bolt up a Carrera manifold without having to take the motor apart. The stock manifold must also be ported and it gets a bit tricky when you go above 38mm. You will need to add some material to a couple runners or you'll break through. I've also increased my capacity to 3.6 by installing a 964 crankshaft in my original 3.3 case. I've increased my comp ratio but mine is 8.0:1. The increase in displacement & compression should help offset any torque loss due to port velocity changes from the bigger ports. You also need to open the exhaust ports as you mentioned to help increase flow to the turbo. 38mm is what I went to. I've done alot of reasearch and caculations on this engine. I hope it helps.

Last edited by aturboman; 10-21-2005 at 08:40 AM..
Old 10-21-2005, 08:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)