View Single Post

Jony,
You might enjoy a ride out to one of your local sites and check out the sport. Most, or maybe all the Washington sites teach "Mountain Flying", a somewhat different form of flying than I do. Chelen is a terrific site, where the Nationals are often held. They use thermals for altitude gain, and most of the folks are cross-country oriented. I'm a lazy old beach pilot, that just flies ridge lift, though I particularly like flying right next to the clff or low across the beach much of the time. Aerobatics of sorts are possible at the beach as well, including steep turns, wingovers and 360's over the water. Plenty of action for the seeker of thrills. As you can see from the earlier photo I posted, there is plenty of space available at Sand City, and rarely do we have more than a dozen pilots flying. That kind of beach with large soarable dunes is rare real estate, which makes our site so special. I know of nothing similar on the West Coast. We have mountain pilots coming here from Colorado to spend a week flying in a totally different environment that what is normal for them. I'll be happy to show you the local scene when you visit our area. All of your aviation experience will be helpful, and this is much like having your own single place open cockpit aircraft, and unlike hanggliders, you roll the thing up, put it in your gearbag, walk back to the parking area, climb on yer Donkey and ride home. Life is good!

Jerry m
No Abs!
Paragliding Can Be Exciting!
09 Ducati M1100S
Old 10-21-2005, 04:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #313 (permalink)