View Single Post

CIS parts replacement question

As part of my 2.7 engine rebuild project, I have done some updating to the 30 year old CIS system. I've replaced my WUR with a fairly new one, put on a new cold start valve, and will be putting a new decel valve on when it arrives. I'd like to drop in the new (rebuilt) fuel distributor I have also and install the "reconditioned" injectors and sleves I've installed in a second set of intake tubes I have but I'm concerned that once I have the engine back in the car, if it doesn't fire up right away that I'll be facing a lot of possible causes if I really mess with the fuel injection system.

To start with, I thought I might put the CIS setup that was on the car (and running fine) back in with the WUR, cold start valve and micro switch added and then add the new fuel distributor and injectors once the engine is running well again.

Should a brand new (rebuilt) fuel distributor need any adjustment during installation? Shouldn't the WUR, cold start valve, decel valve, and micro switch be "plug and play" items?

Jack
Old 11-05-2005, 06:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)