Thread: Port & Polish
View Single Post

Hi all, Been away from the desk for a few day.......I'll try and cover off some of the points.

Steve- if the stock heads are good as is I will put a stop to the port & polish! Thanks for your example. What is the web mac used close to with reagrds to the GE grinds.

Jluetjen- The motor is a street car, used as a daily driver. However it will probably be sold in a short while. It is a bit of a bastard car being a stolen revovered slant nose targa. I am building a motor that will be fun an make it more of a marketable item. If it is not sold it will still be fun to drive. ( not much traffic in Canberra )

I did question the theory of the carbon, maybe on the exhaust port where the idea is to move the gasses out as quickly as possible with as little heat transfer as possible. But as it has been said before..Porsche did a pretty good job on the stock engines.

JohnJL - Bob Whyms did the initial very bad job on the guides - to their credit they are paying to have them redone. I now have to check to see if I really did need a complete set of lalves! He actually asked me if it was a race motor since the valves are worn in one area of the stem only? I have to question this sinece the stroke of the valve does not change? Ram heads are doing the other work.

Thanks

Mark......
Old 11-10-2005, 05:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)