View Single Post

Garage
another crossroad...do i port or leave alone?

ok so im in way too deep anyway and im thinking that while my heads/barrels are being flame ringed should i heave them ported?

but its not that easy...if i were to port could i/should i then run a gt2evo cam rather than my 964's?

and while im there do i use a different turbo to the k27hf2 that i was planning on using?

this is the build so far...

3.3 case with arp bolts, shot peened balanced coated rods and supertec studs, coated je's , 8-1 comp (negotiable), flame rings, rebuilt twin plugged carrera heads, 3.2 intake, 964 cams (at the moment), k27hf2 (i think) 1 bar(ish) and sds efi.

i won't be doing much track stuff, maybe a couple of track days a year. this car is going to be something to play in every now and again when i get some free time from either working or being a dad (when the will that be then?!) so im not too bothered about a bit more lag if i choose to go with evos and a bigger turbo. the problem is that i don't know which direction to take but i do know that porting the heads and fitting different cams and adjusting compression is easier done now rather than when its built.

so what are peoples views?

1980 SC soon to be big hp 3.3t powered 73RSR Replica (well, I'm keeping the engine but everything else is going )
Old 11-11-2005, 10:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)