View Single Post

Unhappy awhile after rebuild oil temp. not coming up

I'm back...been out for awhile because of no issues after 3.2 top end rebuild.

An issue showing up....recently seems like the oil doesn't want to come up to the 180F mark now on coolish days. My recall is that it did come up on cold days but it may have taken 6-10 miles but now doesn't seem to. Now sort of comes up to between the lower and 180F mark and just sort of hangs around in that area.

I will try again this morning...maybe turn the AC on and let it idle in the driveway or take it out and then let it idle and see if the temp. will come up to the 180F line.

I installed a F gage with numbers and the correct sender before rebuild and it seemed to all be working correctly until just recently.

I have about 3k miles now after rebuild. I just changed to 20-50 Amsoil last night and noticed white sludge in the bottom of the tank drain plug...otherwise the dinosaur oil that was in there seemed very clean. I've been changing frequently.

I'll be going to the track (Laguna Seca) on Dec. 15th. Maybe that will shake the thermostat loose...

Any ideas or how to test things?

Thanks very much,

-Henry
Old 12-04-2005, 07:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)