View Single Post

Quote:
Originally posted by TonyG
Steve

I don't own a distributor dyno, but I've spent countless hours using them throughout the last 20+ years.

Owning a piece of machinery doesn't make you an authority on the subject as your post would suggest.

The point was that the mechanics of the SC distributor, which I openly admit I'm not familar with, might be able to be converted to move the in the opposite direction making a SC distributor a economical solution...nothing more or nothing less.

It's really a small potatoes deal...

He could simply install the Electromotive XDi ignition system. No distributor. Fired either of a pully trigger wheel (like I just did) or off a proper flywheel. $1200 retail list price (which I could get him for substantially less though our shop) and it blows any distributor out of the water ...

TonyG
Hi Tony:

Mentioning that I have a piece of equipment wasn't my point and I apologize for the miscommunication, Sir....

I was only trying to point out that the SC distributor couldn't be converted to CW operation and how I arrived at that conclusion. I was also trying to convey that I was not a rookie at this,....

I'd also mention that there are some drawbacks to some of the current crank-fired ignitions and some are not as good as they might appear to be. In most cases, you get what you pay for.

Best Regards,
(503) 244-0990
porsche@rennsportsystems.com
www.rennsportsystems.com

Last edited by Steve@Rennsport; 12-06-2005 at 03:09 PM..
Old 12-06-2005, 08:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)