View Single Post

Jack,
Am I missing something?

"I was able to get my cams timed to the right settings. Feeling very pleased, I moved on to install my new chain tensioners (non hydraulic) and the rocker arms for cylinders #1 and #4. I dutifully went through the piston to valve clearance routine on those cylinders and then installed the remaining rockers and checked all the rest of the pistons for valve clearance. (A time consuming by reassuring process.)"

Weren't your chain tensioners and rockers installed when you first timed the cams?

How did you clamp the chain with vice grips? It isn't necessary to have the cam chains "hard tight." Snug works fine.

I can't imagine how you clamped the chains and got the cams retarded 15 to 18 degrees. Are you turning the crank clockwise?

Ultimately, trust the readings you are getting with the rockers and tensioners in place.

Remember you'll get the .47mm at Z1 and 1.0mm at 6 degrees after Z1.

Let us know what you find.
Old 12-07-2005, 08:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)