View Single Post
Banned from Pelican

Drill out the plugs with a drill slightly smaller than the plug. Then use an easy out or something like it to fininsh pulling out the plug. The tubes just slide out.

I understand that stock plugs are available from Porsche. BUT I have never used them. I have always machined my own replacements. Its necessary to match them to the nearest 0.001" or less, but they must be larger than the hole by about 0.003" so that they press in and will not fall out. I also advise using red locktite to help secure the plugs.

If you are not comfortable with these instructions, please use a Porsche machine shop to do this task for you. In other words if you have to ask for more help, you probably shouldn't be doing it. Its really an extreemly simple plug to make on a lathe and any machinist would not hesitate to make it, but if you have to choose a machinist why not use one that does Porsches all the time.

If you have to buy them, the lot should cost about $50 from a machinest. More of a mininum charge than what they should sell for ie about a buck each.

Last edited by snowman; 12-09-2005 at 08:01 PM..
Old 12-09-2005, 07:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)