View Single Post
Writer/Teacher

Garage
Send a message via AIM to CJFusco
I'm Back! News, Garage Project, etc...

Well, some of you may (or may not) have noticed my conspicuous absence from the board for the past month and a half or so... well, I moved into my own place, and I didn't have an internet connection yet. Now I do.

Here's the really exciting news: I HAVE MY OWN GARAGE! I moved in with a couple of friends who have lived here for many years... they have just used the garage as a kind of carport for awhile, but since they know how I'm a car nut, they pretty much told me that the garage is mine and I can do whatever I want with it.

Not only do I have a place to store the 944 when the weather sucks, but I now have an opportunity to create a decent garage. I have this image in my head of summer nights, friends over enjoying a cold one, Red Sox game on the radio while we tinker with cars...

When I first got to the house, the garage was a friggin mess...

But since then I have swept it out, cleaned out all the junk, and put up insulation.

Next on the agenda is drywall, paint, lighting... I already got an air compressor for myself, but I would like to eventually get some kind of heat source - propane or something - and tool chests, workbenches, etc. Of course, the walls will be decorated with Porsche memorabilia...

Anyhow, it should be a fun project. I will post more pics here and keep the thread going as an "ongoing project" thread as I go along...
Current Stable: Black 07 Porsche Cayman S: FabSpeed Maxflo Exhaust; VividRacing ECU Tune; IPD Competition Plenum; 997GT3 Throttle Body; De-Snork'd.2011 Acura MDX. 2008 Mazda 3. Gone But Not Forgotten:Garnet Red 86 Porsche 951("The Purple Pig"). Silver 09 Mini Cooper S ("Mighty Mouse"). Alpine White 83 Porsche 944 ("Alpine Wolf"). Guards Red 84 Porsche 944. Green 97 Volvo 850 Wagon ("The Viridian Falcon").
Old 01-02-2006, 02:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)