View Single Post
Writer/Teacher

Garage
Send a message via AIM to CJFusco
Quote:
Originally posted by Moneyguy1

It looks like the garage has a center wall and is divided into two separate bays. Also, how is the floor? Hard to tell from the pics as to condition/material.
Yeah, the other bay belongs to a neighbor. He already has his garage bay insulated, drywalled, heated, lighted, and with a Nissan 350Z parked in it. Not bad.

The floor is asphalt. Not really sure what to do about that yet... Griots sells vinyl/rubber mats, as well as snap-together tiles. Maybe that will be an option.

Quote:
Originally posted by nynor

i use a 1000 watt halogen work light (two 500 watt units on a stand) for my light AND my heat in the garage. trust me, its plenty of both, and my garage has NO insulation.
I have one too (actually I'm not sure of the wattage... it's a tripod work light with two large halogen lamps on top, which are removable... I am guessing it is the same thing) - it was given to me, if you can believe the luck - as well as a small electric heater. Maybe this will be enough at least for the time being.
Current Stable: Black 07 Porsche Cayman S: FabSpeed Maxflo Exhaust; VividRacing ECU Tune; IPD Competition Plenum; 997GT3 Throttle Body; De-Snork'd.2011 Acura MDX. 2008 Mazda 3. Gone But Not Forgotten:Garnet Red 86 Porsche 951("The Purple Pig"). Silver 09 Mini Cooper S ("Mighty Mouse"). Alpine White 83 Porsche 944 ("Alpine Wolf"). Guards Red 84 Porsche 944. Green 97 Volvo 850 Wagon ("The Viridian Falcon").
Old 01-02-2006, 11:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)