View Single Post

Send a message via ICQ to ae1969
Quote:
Originally posted by 944CUPRACER
Let me clarify...

The engine is out of the car, and that is why I am considering not putting it back in the way it is. The block was used but supposedly "like new". All new pistons, connecting rods, and rings were installed. I am assuming the damage was done when the engine was being started for the first time. This is when the valves were bent.

To complicate things, the car is 5 hours from my home.

As much as I hate to do it, I am thinking of bringing it back with out the engine, get a new block, and swaped everything over...

The alternative is to put it back in the car and see how it runs.....
Without actually seeing the damage it is difficult to give you an accurate answer.

New pistons/rods don't mean much to me they are not something that normally fail. Well if they do its game over for the entire assembly.......... but If you decide to rebuild another engine you will still need 500-1000 in new seals/gaskets.

Now you mention that the bore is scorred. Now the only way this happened is if a valve actually broke and caused the damage. Bent valves do not normally cause a ruined block. I would think something else has happened to score the block ?

Sorry can't help much else...
www.edmontonrealestate.ws
Old 01-05-2006, 12:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)