Thread: New owner stuff
View Single Post

Thanks for the offer Russell. I'm starting to think that that lower RPM Vibration/ rumble is just normal. It's not really that bad and it does have power on the bottom end. I removed my cat today, Some stuff was rattling around inside, cleaned it out and reinstalled. A few chucks that came out looked melted. I don't think it's in my head, but after a quick test run she seems to have more power. From the drives seat it doesn't sound any different, if anything I think I can hear the engine more. I had to start her up with open headers in the garage, scared my wife.

I have new plugs and wires on the way, ceramic brake pads, and a DME book also coming. I just need some days off.

While I had it up in the air the back brakes seem to be draggin/ not releasing, not too bad but still not like I think they should. Do new pads come with slider replacements? I thought about taking them apart but I will have new pads this week, might as well clean the sliders then or replace them. The back pads look new, nice and thick, might be the cause of the dragging?. The front ones are the ones that need replacing. I got the ceramics so I'm doing them all.

Steve
2014 Corvette stingray
7/31/18 single after 27yrs.
Old 01-08-2006, 11:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)