View Single Post

Use a gear puller. Heat is not a good thing to use here, due to its close proximity to the front oil pan seal and shouldn't be required anyway, and you could be damaging the rear belt cover. Oh yeah, that year, the bottom part of cover removes seperatly anyway, don't it?

"This is the last one, i think it drive the balance system"..........

Gear, or "pulley"?.........big difference. Look in PET, FSM, Haynes.

Ahem!.........you'd better find out! Its not what ya think! Its the cambelt drive. HOPEFULLY, its gonna NEED to be removed using a gear puller (it should be a snug/tight fit). Check out the crankshaft key and keyways in all the gears also, they should be pretty straight/square and not beatup. You don't really want to "see" this gear rocking on the shaft at all.

Maybe a little more research is required? Clark's garage.com. Check it out, thouroughly. I don't think the "88 turbo is gonna have the balance belt drive in behind the cambelt drive............crank sprocket/gear.

I don't know, maybe "I" don't understand. Pics work great, if ya can do it in your descriptions.

Good luck!
Old 01-09-2006, 04:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)