View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by Speedo959
Cool, thanks for all the replys.
Yes it does still have the factory spacers on back. I took them off and tried that too. The only problem I could see was that after the spacer was removed the studs were too long and were not threaded all the way down.
Did you have to change out the studs?

AA_Ezra they were given to me by a friend here in town. The other wheel is kinda messed up. They were chromed at one time and it is now peeling off. I am thinking about blasting them and powder coating them black.

One more thing, I have my choice between 16x7 or 16x8 to go in front. What do you guys think?
I didn't have to change the studs because mine is an 85.5 and for that year they dropped the spacer (for some unknown reason) and went with shorter studs. However, I have seen this done on another early car (16X9's without the spacer) and the threads on the studs were enough, but the user had to use open-ended lugnuts verses the closed-end factory alu ones.

In regards to fronts, I have 8's on mine with 225's on them. I think with 7's and 205's on the front the size deparity is too great and would only exaggerate the 944 tendancy to understeer in stock format. It's true you can cram 225's onto a 7" wheel, but I think there is too much sidewall buldge and the best option is the 225 on an 8.

Hope that makes sense!

If you decide you don't want the 9's or don't want to mess with refinishing them, I know someone local to me that would take them off your hands.

My P-caronline Profile

"A good time to keep your mouth shut is when you're in deep water. "--
Sidney Goff
Old 01-19-2006, 04:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)