View Single Post

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Razorback1980
Hey, I got one of those. 6hp craftsman....not sure of the cfm rating without looking...even has a filtering system that I added to remove water. I don't have the right (or many) air tools for body working, so a good list of what's needed would be helpful. I'm not wanting to do major body work (I hope I never have to anyway, but my daughter hasn't started driving it regularly yet) just the small dent stuff like door dings and then painting. For instance, what do you use to color sand the paint? Do you use system 1 or some other system. I've read to wet sand up to 2000 grit then use a power buffer and system 1 to finish it to 8000 grit. Had any experience color sanding? I've also read where you color sand between coats for a nice smooth surface to produce the show quality paint jobs....any knowledge about that? Another question I had was after two coats of clear coat, does the color actually start to lose luster because of the amount of clear on top. I've read where it did and another place said it was okay to do more coats.

1990 944S2 Cabriolet
2002 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
2003 Maroon Ford F350 dually
Old 01-20-2006, 12:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)