View Single Post

How did the dyno tuning go Matt?

please post your results on jetting and A/F graph if you get a chance. If you can share what your A/F ratios were (or targeted) at idle & cruise etc that would be grand.

Our engines are very similar, mine has a calculated comp. ratio of 9.5:1. Your webbers will be jetted up larger with your 34 venturies compared to my 32's so the comparisons will be interesting.

Unfortunately on my dyno runs the ratio is wrong at 5.00, i think it should be 3.50 - so thats why my HP seems meagre i think and comparisons won't mean much.

The fourth gear in the 901/03 gear box is not quite 1:1 and not sure if the dyno operator got the final drive ratio right either - does anyone know what this "ratio" box should be on a dynojet?

thanks for the tips - the original air filter bases were modified to fit the PMO's by drilling the appropriate holes for the idle circuits among other things - much quieter than the K&N's on the long trips.

I swapped out the 57 idle jets for 55's on friday and have noticed an improvment at cruise, although the narrow band meter has not changed its reading. Idle & transition are unaffected, but it seems to run slightly hotter.

I have not touched any of the mixture screws or idle airs yet. Next step is to try 52 idle jets after some more driving, and i will need to look at them at that stage I suspect

cheers

nathan
Old 02-06-2006, 10:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)