View Single Post
Registered

O.k. folks, I ran back down to talk to Jose Jr. this afternoon. We are ON for the second Saturday in March, the 11th. He will be opening the doors for the early birds at 8:30 am. Spread the word; let's make it worth his while.

Looking back over the couple of years I've been running around with you guys, it really does look to me like this is our best venue, all things considered. Granted, maybe not the best food, but I think everything else the XXX has to offer kind of overcomes that.

Jose really wants us there and is willing to bend over backwards to see us back. Our best turnouts have always been there. There is always plenty of parking. There is no need for reservations. We pretty much have the place to ourselves. It's a consistant, reliable place to meet so folks don't have to confirm every month that there is something going on somewhere. We don't have to rely on some one to show initiative every month to organize something. Remember, that didn't happen last month. Everybody thought somebody was going to do something and it didn't happen. This way, everybody just shows up. Same time, same place; no question. While we have gone places with better food, we have always had a hassle with either parking, reservations, location, or whatever. And turnouts have been way down.

So let's give this a shot and see how it goes. When we weigh all the advantages vs. the dissadvantages, I think returning to the XXX wins out. Anyone else who thinks so, just show up and join us. See you on the 11th.
"God invented whiskey so the Irish wouldn't rule the world"
Old 02-19-2006, 02:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)