View Single Post
Gon fix it with me hammer

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by 2002M3Drew
Am I missing something here? I think the original part that I posted about is simply an air dam to better direct the air generated by the engine fan to over the engine block. I didn't see any mention of the air to the HEs being affected. Is the Pelican part different in design/function?

this is a blockoff plate :

you install one on each side, gutt the heating tubes to the HE's (usually go to headers and no HE's then ) , no more heat in the cabin, more air over the heads, more cooling, less luxury...

and no way can these puppies generate more heat in your heads, the whole point is more air , more cooling ...

btw, those comments above in the thread about the fiberglass thing not fitting , mine in the pic here is one from PP, it's not fiberglass, it's black plastic, no fibers in there , yes 2 holes need to be drilled, but hey , it's plastic, i could probably have carved a hole with a swiss pocket knife... and it does fit pretty good ...

the right one is actually metal , since that's a flat hole, not a curved one as on the left...(curved, oh well, bad explanation maybe , but the fan shroud on the left has a cutout , and the right one does not , so that one can be flat metal )

Last edited by svandamme; 03-01-2006 at 07:54 AM..
Old 03-01-2006, 07:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)