Thread: Starter
View Single Post

Starter

Got a quick question regarding the starter on my 914. About 4 months ago after driving the car about an hour got in and tried to restart and nothing, all electrical still worked fine, but the starter would not turn over. Using this board and all of the trouble shooting articles regarding the starter, by the way thanks guys, I was able to painstakingly find the problem. It ended up being an after market 15 amp fuse on the firewall that was blown. I replaced it and everything was fine for about a month and then it blew again, replaced it and everything was fine until now. Again after a long drive the fuse was blown, except this time everytime I try to restart it keeps blowing the fuse. When the fuse isnít blown the starter seems to be turning over fine; my question is, is a 15 amp fuse in line with the starter a bit week? Could I use say a 30 amp fuse and cure this problem, or does this whole situation indicate that the starter needs to be replaced.

Thanks in advance for any comments or suggestions.

Greg
Old 05-14-2006, 08:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)