View Single Post

Clutch Not Disengaging - Advice?

The last two weeks or so I could have sworn that my clutch just didn't feel right - like it was engaging very early as I released the lever. Last night about 10:30 pm coming home from a 300 mile ride gear changes seemed to be very stiff. Then I come to an intersection, pull in the clutch lever before I got on the brakes and the bike keeps pulling! Fortunately no cars coming, and I'm only 3 miles from home. Kept playing with the lever during the last bit of the ride, and it feels like the clutch is only disengaging about 10% with hardly any resistance at the lever. The clutch never slipped during use (this was one of those, ahem, 'aggressive rides') so I'm sure that's not the problem (41k on the bike). No visible fluid leaks anywhere so I'm quite sure it's either the clutch master cylinder or slave cylinder that has failed.

Any advice how to determine which one, and if it's the slave cylinder what it takes to get it out. I mean, do I have to pull the Paralever for access?

At the momemt I really miss my old cable actuated clutches!!!!!

Thanks,
Old 07-02-2006, 04:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)