View Single Post

I suppose it could be as simple as air in the line, but it doesn't make sense that in a sealed system with a good fluid level that a bubble of air can just 'appear'. Maybe if the bike had been on its side or something I could see it, but hey, who says this stuff has to make sense?

I changed the fluid last winter and bled it at the end of the bleed line with my Mity-Vac, has worked flawlessly in the 12k miles since. Anyway, as suggested I have nothing to lose by trying to bleed it again first. Of course, if that does work then I'm always going to be wondering where and when the system will decide to 'bubble' itself again - next time I might be a long, long way from home.

My problem is different than repoe's though, as his clutch was slipping (partial, uncommanded disengagement) and mine will not disengage when I'm pulling the lever, no slippage at all when under power. I'll post the results here as soon as I get to it.

Last edited by jweicht; 07-02-2006 at 12:07 PM..
Old 07-02-2006, 12:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)