View Single Post

Re: 930 yearly changes? noob questions

Quote:
Originally posted by StayGold808
Hi guys,

I have a 3.2 carrera, and have just recently been hit by the 930 bug lol.

I've been trying to find as much info as i can, but i can't find anything on the year to year changes that took place from 1978 - 1988

There were almost no changes. Engine stayed more or less the same. It even got moved into 964:s a few years with minimal changes (better turbo and intercooler). Weird, isn't it?

Quote:

And what makes the jap-spec and US spec cars down on power compared to the euro spec cars? Do they run the same compression ratio?

Yes they do run same C/R. Differences are: thermal reactors instead of ordinary header-wise heat chambers + Catalytic converter + smaller CIS fuel head.

Quote:

What is the easiest(cheapest?) way to bring these cars up to 300hp Euro Spec.

Switch over to ROW headers, remove cat, make sure engine gets fuel needed during WOT (check with WBO2,, install enrichening if needed). That's it.

Quote:

And my last question, is the 930 gearbox better then the 915 sycro wise? Because i can imagine that with 4 relatively tall gears, it would be very neccessary to be able to go into 1st while rolling.

Thanks,
Adam
It has same crappy synchomesh design as 915 but due to torque and long legs it get's shifted much less. It's also more robust so synchro rings survive longer. 3:rd gear synchro is first to go.
Old 10-31-2006, 01:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)