View Single Post

Beepbeep, you're basing your beliefs off heresay from the internet. In reality, there was apparently only that 1 turbo that was glued together. It was, supposedly, a production prototype that accidentally made it's way on to the market. I doubt if anyone here has actually used any of these turbochargers, so until then it's all speculation. I've known a few people using these XS Power turbos for a long period of time (one has for about 2 yrs with no issues) and haven't had any of the horror story problems I've heard about them. Don't worry, I'm not a fan of these turbos or anything. I just get tired of speculation. In reality, there is no way these turbos could be anywhere near the quality of a Garrett turbo considering how much R&D has gone into Garrett's stuff.

That being said, Garrett turbos are far too cheap in price IMO to really consider going with anything else. I personally would never use any of the ebay Taiwanese "specials", but that's mainly because I always want the best when it comes to important components like a turbocharger. When you can buy a T4 from a reputable company like Precision for ~$800-950, and a GT series ball bearing turbo for ~$1100-1300 why try to save a couple hundred bucks and get a vastly inferior product?
Old 11-02-2006, 11:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)