View Single Post
Cyclone Jack

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by 718Rider
I leave the GS on the street. No problems. When I had the S it lived in a garage until I got married and then it went on the street for 4 months until I sold it. Again, no problems. My opinion is that the bike thieves aren't interested in Beemers. Most of the bikes that get stolen are rice burners. A buddy left his beat to crap GSXR 750 (that had been spray painted flat back and dropped a zillion times) on the street and it got stolen 4 weeks ago. Go figure. The urban crowd likes the street bikes and stealing bikes is a great way to replace a blown motor. Again, I don't think there is much of a market for Beemers with them.
Yeah that's another good thing about most beemers, nobody wants to steal one. I worry more about someone knocking it over by accidently backing into it. I would have a problem with my bike living outside, I keep mine in the garage plugged into a battery tender when I'm not riding.
Old 11-08-2006, 11:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #110 (permalink)