View Single Post

My new 83 Turbo.....first round of sliding down the slope...

I have owned the car for a week. Love it.
I figure I should get it well sorted before I ever worry about mods of any significant nature.
Compression and leakdown were fantastic.
Few small oil leaks......cam chain housings, turbo (origional at 70K miles), oil line to tank at clamp.....nothing earth shattering.
Factory Euro exhaust.
Ok, so I spent 2 hours removing old glue from the door seals in preparation for that install tonight.
I have new decklid shocks....I'm sure that won't be nearly as fun as it was with the Targa.....
I have an air filter and shifter bushing kit to install.....
Then off to the doctor......since the turbo has a small oil leak, and a rebuild is $600+, I have a new K27 7200 to put in her. I have a stainless B+B muffler I picked up for a song, slightly used.....a stainless wastegate pipe, a cam chain tensioner rebuild kit, complete, and a driveshaft rebuild kit, once he has the shaft rebuilt for me.......
I figure that plus a few other items, like valve adjust, plugs, oil and filter, and she is new again.....
I want to make sure the critical parts are perfect, so I can enjoy her without worry......
Anything I am forgetting to look at? Belts are new, battery is fine, Sucro relay kit arriving tonight maybe, (Yes I will paint the headlight rings in the spring when I do the bumper and valance).
She runs really strong, and WOW, what a blast.......ordered my plates too, seeing as I have wanted this car since I was 13......and I am 41, plates are WRTHWTG4....

Cheers,
Mark
K27 7200, Tial 46mm WG with straight pipe, Fabspeed Exhaust,B&B halfbay IC, Wevo mounts, Rennline floorboards, Rennline goodies, Optima mount, Elephant finned oil lines, widemouth cooler, high speed fan.
Old 11-09-2006, 06:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)