Thread: 930 newbie
View Single Post

Garage
emission, thanks. I will try to take some pics of the tires it is fairly subtle as far as visual wear on the tires, I bought the car about three weeks ago, and drove it from Seattle to Indiana, thought it was odd that I had tire dust? or finely ground up tire on the rear wells of both sides, when I got home. it appears to be wearing on the inside edges of both sides. the tires do not seem to be worn out. just curious if the obnoxious tire noise is a normal thing I will have to live with on the yokohamas. had some experience with this on another car 04 350z, that are notorious for wearing out the inside edge of the front tires resulting in the loud noise from the tires. I don't think it could be wheel bearings since the noise is exactly the same when cornering or going in a straight line. I guess I just need to get it on a rack and find out, unless there is a simple way to measure the camber at home. I suspect maybe the PO tweaked in a little more neg camber than factory spec, It did not make the noise for the first 1000 miles on my trip home but started gradually getting louder, now it roars.
Old 11-11-2006, 09:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)