View Single Post

Steve,

Great. Get that engine out! I hope we helped motivate you. I move very slowly on my projects too. The Porsche is just a hobby and I have a very full plate of other priorities. And to hurry an engine like this not only adds stress, but means that you're going to have to pay a premium to get parts and services, or worse yet, you might have to cut corners. My heads took months. The manifolds took over a month. The machine work for the case, crank, rods, pistons and other bits took months. The assembly took months. Custom mods took months. The tuning process took a month. And it was all done is serial fashion -- you can't necessarily do all these things in parallel if you're going to do it right. In all, this engine build took me three years! But you should be able to do it in less...

Andy,

Thank you. There are no threads about my engine anywhere that I know of. I could do one, I suppose. This is perhaps the most I've ever said about it in a public forum. Best wishes on getting yours going. Maybe this "motivational" thread will help you too.

Rob
Old 11-12-2006, 09:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)