View Single Post

Hey raceman

The workshop doing my install said they've seen many cars drain the oil back into where the sump plug is. It's the lowest point in the engine, so I can't see why it wouldn't work?

Also, I had them remove the smaller 0.3bar spring from the TiAL w/gate to set the base pressure to 0.8bar. I'll then use the existing Apexi AVC-R EBC to regulate it to 1.0-1.1bar

Just popped into the shop before and had a look at the progress and all is coming together nicely. Should have the car back tomorrow night if all goes well. They're just waiting on a fitting for the oil feed and also a silicone reducer where the charge air pipe mates with the IC.

We're going away for the weekend so I'm hoping the car will be ready for the loooong cruise

I just hope there aren't any oiling/smoking issues with the GT35R. ATPTurbo said not to use an inlet restrictor in a 911 application, since the idle oil pressure is low (1.0-1.5bar) and it never exceeds 70psi under load, so fingers crossed
Protomotive MAP ECU, Twin Plugged Heads, GT2-EVO CAMs, 3.3L fully finned P&C's, ARP fasteners, C2T head gaskets, Titanium Retainers, Turbo spec valves, springs & guides, 964 splash valves, GT35R BB turbo, GSF Stainless Headers, Magnaflow Exhaust, Full bay Intercooler, TiAL 46mm w/gate, TiAL 50mm BOV, Apexi AVC-R EBC, SPEC Stage3+ Clutch kit, Crane CDI Ignition
Old 11-13-2006, 07:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)