View Single Post

Lightbulb Initial impressions on GT35R BB Turbo & GSF Headers

Thought this write-up deserved a thread of its own, for anyone who's considering this path.

I picked up the car last night and I must say, it's a totally transformed BEAST now

The pre-boost torque and drivability with the GSF headers & GT35R BB turbo is amazing. This turbo is a MONSTER guys When it spools, it whistles VERY loudly, almost to the point of scaring me from applying further throttle

The last few days have been quite wet down here, so I haven't really had a chance to get a feel for what this new setup can do, but my initial impressions are that it will meet and probably exceed all my expectations.

I'm not too sure about the SPEC Stage3+ clutch as yet. It's new, so I guess it needs proper breaking in, but I'm not very familiar, or use to, the on/off feel of this clutch. I'll give it a few months and see how it goes.

The Magnaflow single out muffler sounds great. Not TOO loud and not too quiet. Again, I haven't applied full throttle yet to experience the whole system, but I like the sound of the Magnaflow and the build quality and welds are of a very high quality.

I was quite surprised that the GT2 EVO CAMs don't sound as lumpy with a proper header setup & the GT35R. The older K27HF and factory heat exchangers made the engine idle quite lumpy, but now it's very smooth. Probably because of the more efficient exhaust flow and split/divided housing on the new turbo?!?

I can't wait for some dry weather this coming weekend so I can experience this new configuration completely

I'll get & post some pics when the weather dries up

P.S: I'm not even running an optimum tune with the Proto Motronic Stage3 CHIP. Once I go MAP sensing, it'll compliment the setup even further. Oh, another cool thing is you can hear the compressor still spinning after the engine is turned off
Protomotive MAP ECU, Twin Plugged Heads, GT2-EVO CAMs, 3.3L fully finned P&C's, ARP fasteners, C2T head gaskets, Titanium Retainers, Turbo spec valves, springs & guides, 964 splash valves, GT35R BB turbo, GSF Stainless Headers, Magnaflow Exhaust, Full bay Intercooler, TiAL 46mm w/gate, TiAL 50mm BOV, Apexi AVC-R EBC, SPEC Stage3+ Clutch kit, Crane CDI Ignition

Last edited by WydRyd; 11-15-2006 at 01:44 PM..
Old 11-15-2006, 01:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)