View Single Post
Gotta Jibboo

Garage
Send a message via AIM to BSiple
Question 930 vs 965 as a partial Daily Driver

I am on the hunt for a new 911 or 930. Having owned an 86 cab, I am fairly familiar with the 84-89 3.2 Carrera's. I sold the cab when I took a job in Denver that would require a daily 62 mile each way commute. While I still work out of the Denver office some, I do spend a significant time out of state, so I do not make the drive every day. I also ride my HD when the weather is cooperative, and have the Tahoe for the bad weather if need be.

With all of that being said, I am looking for a 911 that I can enjoy on the weekends, and drive to work some. I like the look of the 89 and earlier 3.2 Carreras, and even the 964 911's. The 993 and newer look really does not do much for me, even though I have read that they are easier to live with on a daily basis. I am not looking for a garage queen by any means, as whatever I choose will get driven.

I have read that the pre 89 4 speed 930's do fine on the road, so I don't know if the premium for the 89's is worth it. If I understand correctly, the 965 engine is basically the same (up until the 3.6 turbo).

I know my question is quite vauge, but what are you guy's impressions on an 89 or earlier vs the 964 based turbo for a semi daily driver.

Thanks,

Bill

I don't know why I do the hillbilly things I do.
Old 11-16-2006, 05:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)