View Single Post

I've got an '86 turbo. I can speak to the transmission difference between the 4 speed and the much-coveted 5. I haven't felt the need to swap to the G-50. I even have a shorter ring and pinion in mine. (about 10%) I might like the G-50, but having grown up on the older Porsche synchros I don't notice that there's a shifting problem, it's just how a Porsche should feel to me. I haven't wanted 5th yet. If I do get interested in more legs for the car I'll probably put the stock R/P back in first and give that a try.

I would say drive one of the G-50 cars if you can, but I'm haven't gotten interested in a swap just for that. I like the non-computer, low-tech of my CIS car. I work on it for fun and found that I bought the right year for me. I'm a little biased though, in 1986 I was working as a line mechanic in a local Porsche dealer. I still have the 1986 new model year posters that came out back then. :-)

Andy
Old 11-16-2006, 08:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)