View Single Post
Me like track days

A good point, Randy. I agree that often general internet advice can too easily become an action that is too readily taken into functional practice. You give good ~general~ advice.

I make it a point to consistently not translate generally unknown advice into direct action. If you look at my 930 rebuild thread, I took some action based upon advice and evident statements I received; received from some well known parties. Some directly involved. It was an unplanned, sudden, expensive and stressful undertaking. And one fraught with surprises at every turn that mystified or prompted some pointed and direct advice from those involved.

However, one must read this post again - and every one of my other timing posts (two total) - to clearly realize that I did not at any time ask "what should I set my timing to". Additionally, this post has nothing to do with queries regarding actual timing settings. I've asked what others had set their twin plug timing to, and this one simply asks a general question about distributor placement within the adjustment slot - and what might have others done or have experienced regarding this.

I received here - and usually receive in other posts what I consider polite, generally informative responses. And for that I thank the respondents. It's what makes this whole community of enthusiasts work together and brings a sense of camaraderie to our ownership of Porsches and especially these tricky devils called 930s.

Like I've said here - as well as to Randy in the recent & distant past - the recommendation was 26 degrees. I plan to stick with that.
I've gotten but 21/22 degrees with the distributor at the end of the slot/stop, and posting here regarding this is a simple inquisition and does no harm whatsoever. Leave it at that and lets move on....
Old 11-20-2006, 06:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)