View Single Post

Quote:
Originally posted by Facey
- really nice looking 930!!!, our cars are very similar aside from the engines...and even then they are both very far from stock!, however we both use 996 wheels, and the same front spoiler...though mine has been cut up and modded some...
-just so you know, i'm back to working on stage 1 Driver, cause i suck....with some racing school i'm sure u can at least justify some of your mods...

cheers
Nick
Wow, thanks for Streit's write up. I think that he is so on-the-money with the transmission and suspension issues. Too many people (myself included) jump to the engine as the first place to get speed/power improvements.

In my weight reduction campaign, I recently put fiberglass fenders, hood, rockers and rear bumper on Squerly. (my 930) I have to get him over to the weigh station and see what the bottom line is. (I'm having some problems keeping the headlights from falling out when I hit the brakes but I'm sure I come up with something creative to cure that.) I also added some big-reds to aid in slowing this sled down. (I keep referencing "I" as the one who did these mods. Not so... "I" wrote the check, Don at Air Cooled Classics did the actual work.)

But, with all that said... I'm reluctant to believe that all of the weight reduction, better gearing and suspension is going to put a 19 year old 930 on equal ground with today’s cars sporting anti-lock brakes, power steering, PSM (or equivalent), etc.
2006 - M5 BMW - (daily Driver)
2006 - F250 turbo diesel
Old 11-22-2006, 03:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)