View Single Post

Send a message via Yahoo to Lukesportsman
I actually saw one on a Honda that had a chance to work. It was designed for a 1.5 liter engine. I think that is important (the size of engine) since current draw and amperage is somewhat limited in an auto design. NO, nothing like the above which is junk.

This design was built by some EE guys. It was a drag racing specific application that could only hold boost for something like 15 seconds. They installed an extra battery, 2/0 wires, and kept everthing in close proximity. Keeping it close is important since voltage drop over a wires length and cross section are relative.

OK enough delay: They used a positive displacement roots style blower of adequate size for a 1.5 liter engine. They drove it with three gear driven 5hp starter motors. So this yields about 15 hp of blower drive which if geared correctly could/should make some real measurable boost. Some may doubt this could work either....I certainly doubt the above stule in the auction, but in a limited narrow application it might be possible. It would certainly add a lot of weight.

http://www.hubgarage.com/mygarage/LukeSportsman
Old 11-23-2006, 03:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)