View Single Post

Thanks but regarding the lag I think that if lag was zero then there would only be one turbo right? Wrong I guess... still the big turbos that can push more air HAVE to have more lag than the smaller ones... also it depends on which gear you are in.. floor it in 6th at low revs it gonna take a lot more time for the boost to come but a SC would build up... man this setup could be something!

So the theory still stands I guess... I didnt really want this thread to be a turbo vs SC debate as its been covered too much and the reason why there is such a big debate is that they both have advantages of their own hence why I wanted to see how possilbe it would be to have both from a perfomace point of view only.

I think it would work- the physics says, if you disconnect the SC when the turbo comes on you wont have any power loss... its just for the low revs and the power to drive the SC at these revs is less than the power gained- yes youll use more fuel as its not so ineffeicent but thats economy... not something im too worried about in my 911... this setup wouldnt work with a set of small Turbos more big ones...

I think tho this is maybe not the best place to discuss. I dont think its hard to do to control the swithcing.

I am going to still look into it, cost wise will farily small to try.

Cheers
Old 11-24-2006, 01:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)