View Single Post

Quote:
Originally posted by cstreit
Can you describe your suspension?
Don at Air Cooled Classics did the work on my suspension and here is what I have. (I'm very stupid when it comes to this, so I hope that the following list means something to you.)

Front torsion bars 22 mm gun drilled
Rear torsion bars 31 mm gun drilled
Adjustable rear springs plates.
Front adjustable sway bar 22 mm with mount hardware.
Front sway bar adjustable Drop links.
Rear adjustable sway bar 22 mm.
Front Camber ball set up.
Bump steer tie rod kit.
Rear spring plate bushings Poly-Graphic set.
Rear Trailing arm bushings Poly-Graphic set.
Front A-arm bushings Poly-Graphic set.

Quote:
Originally posted by A930Rocket
I didn't look at your mods, but don't forget safety (H&N, harness, suit, etc...!
Yes, I have been looking out for my best interests. I have a suit, roll bar, seats and 5-point harness. Also upgraded the brakes (Big Reds) and installed a fire extinguisher.

I enjoy driving this car, although I like my 996 soooo much more. It is so much faster, handles like a dream, stops when I ask it to, and just feels safer. The 930 is “darty” and I just don’t feel comfortable at speed. Also, lack of anti-lock brakes makes being to hot at the end of a straight a difficult situation to handle. Being too aggressive on them means a slide, and often there isn’t enough time to get back off the brakes and then back on them in time to avoid being off the track.

I know that the 996 is making me feel, look and act like a better driver than what I am, and the realization of that fact is the driving force behind my quest to master the 930.
2006 - M5 BMW - (daily Driver)
2006 - F250 turbo diesel

Last edited by squerly; 11-26-2006 at 05:06 AM..
Old 11-25-2006, 03:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)