View Single Post

Quote:
Originally posted by 930turbo
Porsche intercoolers have an advantage over the WRX or any other top-mounted I/C whereas it is forced-air cooled. The fan is capable of moving somewhere in the neighborhood of 2800 cfm of air with a rev of the engine - sitting still. A couple of late shifts under light acceleration and the heat soak will be long gone, way before the WRX has a chance to move enough air to make a difference.
I have one of those Davtron Intercooler digital guages. If the car sits for a while after a run, I am seeing post IC temps of between 40-50DegC When I drive again, the guage shows the temp drop to a more "normal" reading after about 10-15 minutes. When I say normal, I mean a few degrees above ambient. During this cool-down period, the car is noticably more sluggish, but once the inlet temps have dropped and stabilized, power is restored.

Personally, 10-15min to cool down is a bit too long

The fan under the IC sounds like a good solution. Anyone got pics? How well does this work?
Protomotive MAP ECU, Twin Plugged Heads, GT2-EVO CAMs, 3.3L fully finned P&C's, ARP fasteners, C2T head gaskets, Titanium Retainers, Turbo spec valves, springs & guides, 964 splash valves, GT35R BB turbo, GSF Stainless Headers, Magnaflow Exhaust, Full bay Intercooler, TiAL 46mm w/gate, TiAL 50mm BOV, Apexi AVC-R EBC, SPEC Stage3+ Clutch kit, Crane CDI Ignition
Old 11-26-2006, 01:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)