View Single Post

EBC's ensure the wastegate stays closed until a preset boost level is reached, then it signals the wastegate to open so boost is regulated accurately. This ensures maximum exhaust energy is used to bring the compressor up to spool/boost.

Without the EBC, the wastegate begins to open and vent exhaust gas even before max boost is reached, so you lose a bit of exhaust energy during the spool-up phase. Basically, having an EBC will slightly improve turbo response/spool-up because it maximises exhaust flow to the turbine

I have an Apexi AVC-R unit and whilst it's a b!tch to setup and program, once it's set properly, it regulates very accurately. If I had to choose again, I'd probably go with a HKS unit, but the Apexi does look pretty
Protomotive MAP ECU, Twin Plugged Heads, GT2-EVO CAMs, 3.3L fully finned P&C's, ARP fasteners, C2T head gaskets, Titanium Retainers, Turbo spec valves, springs & guides, 964 splash valves, GT35R BB turbo, GSF Stainless Headers, Magnaflow Exhaust, Full bay Intercooler, TiAL 46mm w/gate, TiAL 50mm BOV, Apexi AVC-R EBC, SPEC Stage3+ Clutch kit, Crane CDI Ignition

Last edited by WydRyd; 11-26-2006 at 03:54 PM..
Old 11-26-2006, 02:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)